What is CFR and who is it for?
The CFR framework applies to:
- Maintained schools
- Pupil referral units
It's optional for nurseries and non-maintained special schools.
It provides a standard template for you to collect information about your income and expenditure by financial years. If you're a maintained school, your governing board needs to provide this to your LA in a financial statement each year.
- Supports benchmarking
- Allows governors and LAs to produce comparative reports between similar schools
Read more in the guidance from the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
Key changes for 2022-23
The following sections of the guidance have been updated:
- I01 funds delegated by the LA
- Reflects changes to the way national non-domestic rates (NNDR) are paid
- The new supplementary grant for schools should be included here
- I04 funding for minority ethnic pupils
- Includes the Afghan resettlement grant
- I06 other government grants
- Includes the senior mental health lead training grant
E17 rates States that the school's NNDR