You are here:
Fire safety: emergency evacuation procedures
Learn about your school's requirements for fire evacuation and see example fire emergency planning policies.
- Fire safety during coronavirus
- You must have a fire evacuation plan
- Your plans must include special arrangements for people with mobility needs
- Check evacuees against your school register and sign-in sheet
- Don't put lives at risk to search for missing children
- Make sure you have an exam centre evacuation plan
- See example evacuation plans
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.