You are here:
How to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation
Here's what you need to do to make sure your school is compliant with the GDPR, in force since 25 May 2018.
- Tell key people the law has changed
- Identify what data you hold, and why you hold it
- Appoint your data protection officer
- Include certain information in your privacy notices
- Review your data processing procedures
- Include certain information in your contracts with suppliers
- Monitor your progress towards compliance
More from The Key
Evidence-led training courses that make it easy to upskill staff, anytime, anywhere.
CPD Toolkit is the most effective way to virtually deliver evidence-led training and support the professional development of your staff. Downloadable courses and online 5-minute summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating as skeleton staff in-school, via video call or individually at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.