You are here:

Last updated on 16 May 2018
Ref: 7327
School types: All · School phases: All

We've set out the rules on transferring pupil records when a pupil moves school, and guidance on how to do this securely for digital and paper copies.

Article tools


  1. Requirements
  2. How to transfer pupil records securely
  3. Responsibility for retaining pupil records

The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.