You must carry out COSHH assessments
As the employer in your school, you must make "suitable and sufficient" assessments of the risks created by hazardous substances.
Keep a record
If you have 5 or more employees, you need to record:
- The significant findings of the risk assessments as soon as practicable
- The steps you've taken to prevent or control exposure to hazardous substances
See section 2 of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) guidance on managing risks and risk assessments at work.
Review your assessments regularly
Plus, review an assessment immediately if:
- You have reason to suspect that a current risk assessment is no longer valid
- There's been a significant change in the work that the risk assessment relates to
- Any regular monitoring you carry out of exposure to hazardous substances suggests that a review is necessary
You can use it for most day-to-day