PSHE (primary) action plans
Given the impact of coronavirus and changes to relationships and health education (RHE, formerly known as SRE), you might be prioritising personal, social, health and economic education (PSHE) in your school improvement planning. See examples of action plans from schools to help you develop your own, and download our template to save you time.
See examples from schools
Primary maintained school in Lancashire
Kingsfold Primary School has a personal, social, health and economic education (PSHE) action plan for 2020/21 with a focus on:
- Supporting mental health upon return to school after absence due to COVID-19
- Assessing the progress of PSHE across the school
- Implementing the new statutory relationships and health education (RHE) curriculum
The school uses the SCARF scheme of resources to teach PSHE and RHE. Please note that the mention of this resource isn't an endorsement by The Key.
Maintained primary school in Essex
Woodlands Primary School identifies 3 key priorities in its PSHE action plan for 2020/21:
- Quality of education in PSHE
- PSHE leadership development
- Mental health of pupils
The school has also set out actions to support the teaching of RHE, such as the subject lead attending DfE training.
Loscoe Church of England Primary School and Nursery has a PSHE action plan