Staff leave and absence
- Leave entitlements for staff Understand the statutory and additional leave entitlements of teachers and support staff.
- Managing staff sickness absence and attendance Reduce sickness absence among your staff by promoting wellbeing, making sure your policies are clear, and keeping on top of workplace hygiene.
- Return to work interviews: template and guidance Run positive and practical return to work interviews with this downloadable template, and read advice on how to prepare and what to cover.
- Sick pay entitlements: teachers Learn about sick pay terms for teachers, including who the Burgundy Book terms apply to and what they cover.
- Sick pay for support staff Find out about statutory and occupational sick pay for your support staff, including who's eligible, how much they can get, and how to calculate it.
- Staff leave of absence request forms: examples Find examples of leave request forms from schools to help you write your own.
- Staff medical appointments during school hours Staff are entitled to paid time off for certain medical appointments, but not all. See advice from Acas and ASCL on staff attending medical appointments during the school day.
- Staff sickness absence statistics See the latest national statistics on teacher sickness absence, and learn how you can benchmark your school's sickness absence data with that of other schools.
- Support staff: offering term-time holidays Be clear what you'll need to do to enable year-round support staff to take annual leave during term time, so you can create a more attractive job offering.