You are here:
Performance management and maternity leave
How can we manage appraisal for staff who have been on maternity leave? This article cites advice from the DfE, ACAS and one of our associate education experts on managing appraisal and pay progression when staff have been on maternity leave. You will also find examples of pay policies.
- Schools must not discriminate against staff on maternity leave
- Performance-related pay and maternity leave
- Advice on maternity leave and appraisal cycles
- Set appropriate performance objectives
- Employment rights when on maternity leave
- Pay policies covering maternity leave: examples
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.