You are here:
The Teachers' Standards: career progression and expectations
The Teachers' Standards set expectations for teachers, but don't specify what career progression should look like. Download our skills audit to evaluate teachers against the standards, and see example school policies linking the standards to career progression.
- The Teachers' Standards set professional expectations for school teachers
- Download our audit tool to assess teachers' skills
- The Teachers’ Standards do not set out career stage expectations
- Career stage expectations: school examples
- How to help teachers progress: expert tips
- How to help teachers progress: case study of a teaching school
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.