Support staff appraisal
- Admin staff: performance management Read advice on performance management for your school's admin staff, including how to use professional standards and set objectives.
- Caretakers/site managers: performance management Download an example appraisal form, and read guidance on setting performance objectives for caretakers and premises managers.
- Improve efficiency in your school office Boost the productivity and effectiveness of your school office by examining your organisational techniques, procedures and use of software. Also find examples of staff training opportunities.
- Midday supervisors: performance management Read advice on performance management for your school's midday supervisors, including how to collect evidence for appraisals, and links to professional standards. Plus, download our template observation form to help you evaluate staff in the playground or lunch area.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of teaching assistants Read advice on evaluating the effectiveness of teaching assistants (TAs) and download survey templates to check how much time TAs spend on different tasks each day and week.
- Support staff: performance management You're not required to conduct formal appraisals for school support staff including teaching assistants (TAs), but it is good practice. Read guidance on how to manage this process, including appointing appraisers and handling underperformance.
- Support staff: performance management templates Download our template reports to carry out mid-year and annual performance reviews for support staff.