CPD reports to governors: template
Use our template and guidance to report to governors about continuing professional development (CPD).
Template CPD report to governors
We worked with 2 of our associate education experts, Jonathan Taylor and Alex Green, to develop this template.
You can use the template to report on CPD for individual members of staff or for whole teams. It has space to set out:
- CPD requirements and plans (based on priorities identified in your school improvement plan or based on individual development needs)
- Courses attended and training activities undertaken
- Dates when CPD requirements were met
- Evidence of the effects of CPD on whole-school improvement priorities
- Evidence of the effects of CPD on pupil outcomes
How to report to governors
Who should report?
CPD reports don't have to come from the headteacher.
Middle leaders (such as department, phase, or subject leads) could also complete the report. This is a useful approach if