What is it?
It's additional funding to support the education recovery of disadvantaged pupils following the coronavirus pandemic.
The main points are summarised below. You can read more details in the DfE's recovery premium funding guidance.
If your school is eligible for pupil premium, or is a specialist setting, you'll be eligible for the recovery premium. This includes:
- Maintained schools
- Free schools serving children aged 4 to 15
- Maintained special schools
- Special academies and free schools
- Non-maintained special schools
- Pupil referral units (PRUs)
- Alternative provision (AP) academies and free schools
- Maintained hospital schools and academies
Which pupils will attract funding?
For mainstream schools, the same pupils who receive pupil premium funding will receive the recovery premium. These include:
For other eligible schools and special educational