Who is the condition improvement fund for?
You must have been 1 of the following at the start of September 2022:
- Single academy trust ("stand-alone" academy)
- Academy in a multi-academy trust (MAT) with:
- Fewer than 5 academies, or
- 5 or more academies but fewer than 3,000 pupils
- Voluntary-aided (VA) schools in a VA body or group with:
- Fewer than 5 schools, or
- 5 schools but fewer than 3,000 pupils
- Sixth-form college
- School with a signed academy order as of the start of September 2022, that is expected to convert by 1 April 2023
Pupil and academy numbers are as counted in the spring 2022 census or 2021/22 individualised learner record.
Note: pupil numbers for special and alternative provision schools (including pupil referral units) are multiplied by 4.5.
Too big for the CIF? You'll receive school condition allocations instead.
What is it for?
Condition projects – to improve the condition of buildings without expanding