You are here:
How to report on the pupil premium
Use our pupil premium report template to help you comply with publishing requirements and report to parents and governors on pupil premium expenditure.
- Download our template
- Examples from schools
Download our template
It's up to your headteacher to decide how you report the pupil premium, there's no required format.
However, you must publish certain information online. Use our template to help you:
- Comply with these publishing requirements - put it on your website
- Report to parents and governors
If you're an academy you'll likely need to publish the same information, although check your funding agreement which will specify exactly what you must publish.
Updated advice from the DfE on pupil premium strategy reviews
The DfE's guidance (linked to above) encourages schools to:
- Set multi-year pupil premium strategies
- Reduce workload by only giving these a 'light touch' review every year
You still have to report on your pupil premium strategy every year, but the DfE doesn't expect you to reevaluate your strategy annually.
Examples from schools
- Vaughan Primary School, Harrow - download the expenditure report on the right hand side
- Longmoor Primary School, Derbyshire
- Cherry Tree Hill Primary School, Derby
- Dacre Braithwaite Church of England Primary School, North Yorkshire
- Magnus CofE Academy, Nottinghamshire
- Shoeburyness High School, Soutnend-on-sea
- Park View School, Haringey
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.