The mention of commercial products in this article does not constitute an endorsement by The Key.
What are the approved programmes?
The DfE has a list of programmes that meet its "core criteria for effective systematic synthetic phonics teaching".
- Anima Phonics: Letters and Sounds Updated
- Bug Club Phonics
- Essential Letters and Sounds
- FFT Success for All Phonics
- Floppy's Phonics
- Jolly Phonics
- Little Wandle Letters and Sounds Revised
- Monster Phonics
- No Nonsense Phonics
- Phonics International
- Read Write Inc.
- Reading Planet Rocket Phonics
- Sound Discovery
- Sounds Together
- Supersonic Phonic Friends
- Twinkl Phonics
- Unlocking Letters and Sounds
How should we choose which one to use?
The DfE encourages you to make your own professional judgement about which phonics programmes to use. Consider the core criteria for phonics teaching when making