EHC and SEN support plans 7 articles
- Find out about the requirements for reviewing education, health and care (EHC) plans from the SEND Code of Practice, including who should conduct the review in your school and how to carry it out. Also see examples of local authority guidance and templates.
- Learn how to create a strong application for an education, health and care (EHC) needs assessment, including the evidence to provide and tips on making the application clear and comprehensive.
- There's no one format that must be followed for education, health and care (EHC) plans, but they must include certain information. Read on to find out what this is and see template plans from local authorities.
Identifying SEN and running interventions 6 articles
- Learn how to use assistive technology to help pupils with reading, writing and understanding, with advice from school leaders from the EdTech Demonstrator Programme. Plus get tips on other ways you can use technology to help pupils, especially those with SEND, whether they’re in the classroom or learning remotely.
- Get tips on best practice for identifying and assessing special educational needs (SEN). Help your teachers spot whether a pupil may have SEN with our guide and template referral form.
- Download our template form designed to help teachers refer a pupil to your SENCO, and see 2 more examples of the referral form to help you to create your own.
Managing and improving SEN provision 18 articles
- Download our template additional needs register to help you track more vulnerable pupils across your school. Learn who to include on the register and see an example from a school.
- Find out how to calculate the cost of SEN provision for individual pupils, track provision costs, and what funding is available for pupils with high needs. Use our templates to save time.
- Some pupils with education, health and care (EHC) plans are entitled to 1:1 support from a teaching assistant (TA), with that time classed as protected. Find out how to make the most effective use of TAs when supporting pupils with EHC plans.
Working with parents of pupils with SEN 3 articles
- If parents are opposed to SEN provision for their child, take a look at this article for guidance on how to address their concerns.
- Share our factsheet with parents so they can find out what support your school has for children with special educational needs (SEN).
- Be clear on the requirements and get guidance on how to run special educational needs (SEN) review meetings, including what to cover, who to invite and next steps. Download our record template so you can keep track of key points in the meeting.