How to calculate the cost of SEN provision for each pupil
Our template below will calculate the per-pupil cost for you. For your reference, or in case you're using your own document, here's how to do it:
1. Work out your staffing costs per hour
Start by calculating the average hourly salary for each staff type (e.g. teaching assistant (TA), teacher) who'll be running the intervention.
E.g. £10 per hour for your TA.
2. Identify the number of pupils who need this particular intervention
E.g. 5 pupils.
3. Multiply the hours per week by the total number of weeks to get your total time
You'll need to know:
- How many hours per week you'll spend on the intervention
- The number of weeks the intervention will run for
Multiply the two to get your total time.
4. Multiply the