EHC and SEN support plans
- Annual reviews of EHC plans: guidance and process Find out about the requirements for reviewing education, health and care (EHC) plans from the SEND Code of Practice, including who should conduct the review in your school and how to carry it out. Plus, see examples of local authority guidance and templates.
- EHC assessment applications: your guide to gathering evidence Learn how to create a strong application for an education, health and care (EHC) needs assessment, including the evidence to provide and tips on making the application clear and comprehensive.
- EHC plans: sample formats There's no one format that must be followed for education, health and care (EHC) plans, but they must include certain information. Read on to find out what this is and see template plans from local authorities.
- How to help pupils with SEN contribute to their targets Learn how to encourage pupils with SEN to be more involved in setting targets for their school-based plans or EHC plans. Download our pupil-friendly templates to record their views, and get tips on how to better include pupils in review meetings.
- How to write outcomes for EHC plans Find out what you need to consider when developing outcomes for education, health and care (EHC) plans, and have a look at some examples.
- SEN support plans: guidance and templates What you include in a pupil's SEN support plan will depend on the purpose of the plan. Get help deciding what you need to cover and use our templates to help you develop a school-based plan.
- Using individual education plans (IEPs) You're not required to create IEPs anymore, but take a look at some suggestions about what to include if you do use them.