You are here:
Make pupil feedback count: how one SLT hears from every pupil, every year
The Marlborough Science Academy revolutionised pupil voice by introducing weekly feedback sessions across the entire school and making regular improvements in response. Here's how this SLT did it, and how you can too.
What’s different about this feedback system?
- The senior leadership team (SLT) meets a small group of pupils from each year, every week, and asks them about their learning and wellbeing
- Rotating between different pupils each week means that the SLT hears directly from every pupil at least once over the course of every year
- The school uses this weekly feedback to make continuous improvements to learning and pupil wellbeing
It’ll work for you if …
- Your SLT can spare about 35 minutes each week
- You have enough SLT members to be able to meet pupils from every year group at the same time each week, with a ratio of up to 10 pupils per staff member
- Your school is a large primary, or secondary (in a smaller school you're probably already hearing directly from all your pupils anyway)
How does it work and what's the impact?
The SLT at The Marlborough Science Academy in St Albans:
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.