There are 3 types of TLR payment
You can award teaching and learning responsibility (TLR) payments when:
- A classroom teacher is undertaking a sustained additional responsibility for the purpose of ensuring the delivery of continued high-quality teaching and learning; and
- The teacher will be made accountable for that responsibility
The 3 types of TLR payment are:
- TLR1 payments: for sustained additional responsibilities, with line management responsibilities for a significant number of people
- TLR2 payments: for sustained additional responsibilities
- TLR3 payments: fixed-term payments for time-limited school improvement projects, one-off externally driven responsibilities, or where teachers are undertaking the planning, preparation, coordination and/or delivery of catch-up tutoring to pupils whose learning has been affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
This is set out on pages 26 to 27 and 74 to 76 of the School Teachers’ Pay and Conditions Document (STPCD).
The STPCD applies to all teachers in maintained schools and to teachers whose employment transferred to an academy at the point of conversion.