Recruitment processes and requirements
- Employing teachers from overseas: what you need to know Find out how Brexit has changed your requirements when hiring teachers from overseas. See how these teachers can get qualified teacher status (QTS), and understand how to recruit them – by becoming a visa sponsor or by other routes.
- How to manage a criminal records disclosure Learn how to handle disclosures of criminal records information on a self-disclosure form or DBS check. Use our templates to help you discuss the issue with the candidate and assess their suitability for the role.
- How to recruit internally Learn how to recruit existing staff into a new role at your school fairly, and download our handy checklist to make the process easier.
- How to reduce unconscious bias in your recruitment process Learn how to minimise the influence of unconscious bias when you're making hiring choices at the advertising, CV shortlisting and interview stages of your recruitment process.
- Recruitment checks: cheat sheet Do you know your DBS check from your section 128? Barred list check from prohibition from teaching? Learn the difference between the key recruitment checks, why they're important and how to do them. Download our cheat sheet for a handy reference.
- Recruitment: your step-by-step guide Keep on top of every stage in the recruitment process with links to our guidance and resources all in one place. Get to grips with everything from finding applicants and shortlisting candidates, to pre-employment checks and staff induction.
- Writing references: guidance Find out what’s expected of you if you receive a request for a reference. Understand whether you need to provide references when asked, what to include, and whether an individual can see copies of any references you provide about them.