Reports to governors on attendance
See examples of reports to governors on attendance. These might be standalone, or part of a broader report. We also include an example of an attendance report written by governors.
Attendance report to governors
Trewirgie Junior School, an academy in Cornwall, has an impact report for governors about attendance on its website.
It includes information about:
- How the school's attendance data compares to other local schools
- The effectiveness of the strategies to improve attendance over the past year
- The next attendance issues to address
Attendance information in the headteacher's report to governors
Blacon High School in Chester has a pupil attendance section in its headteacher report to governors.
It sets out attendance data for various categories, including:
- By class
- Pupil premium
- SEN and EHCP
- Unauthorised absences
- Persistent absences
Report written by governors
Colnbrook School, a community special school in Hertfordshire, has a report on attendance and exclusions written by governors (under 'Evaluation Reports'). The governing board has conducted deeper analysis of attendance figures and has presented the report back to the school.
The report looks at:
- Comparative information on attendance
- Actions to take as a result
- Attendance data broken down into pupil groups