Clubs and activities: risk assessments 2 articles
- See examples and templates of risk assessments for breakfast and after-school club wraparound care.
- Use and adapt our risk assessment template to address potential hazards ahead of events such as sports day. You'll see example hazards and control measures to help you decide what to include in your risk assessment.
Curriculum: risk assessments 3 articles
- Find out what you might cover in your art, design and technology risk assessments, and see examples from schools and a local authority.
- Download our cooking and food technology risk assessment template, and get inspiration with examples of risk assessments that highlight potential hazards and actions to take.
- See examples of risk assessments for physical education in schools, and download our template to adapt to your own setting.
Premises: risk assessments 5 articles
- You need to have risk assessments for the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH). Use our template to help you, plus see the rules on what your assessments need to cover and get tips on how to carry one out.
- Read up on the rules around dogs on site, including therapy dogs, and use our template risk assessment to make sure that both pupils and the animal stay safe and happy.
- You're required to have an up-to-date fire risk assessment. Understand the guidance, and see template assessments from 2 fire and rescue services.
Pupils: risk assessments 5 articles
- Read a summary of the guidance on what you should consider when assessing first aid needs, and see how different schools are carrying out their risk assessments in practice.
- Updated As part of the Prevent duty, you need to assess the risk of pupils being drawn into terrorism. Use the DfE's template and our advice to help you do this.
- Use and adapt our risk assessment templates to address potential hazards for pupils in wheelchairs or who use crutches. Be clear on the hazards you need to consider and see example risk assessments.
Risk assessment guidance 2 articles
- Find the resources you need to start carrying out a risk assessment, including a generic template and guidance on statutory requirements. Plus, use our flowchart to help you decide if you need a risk assessment for specific activities.
- Stay compliant and keep your pupils, staff and visitors safe with our checklist of the risk assessments you need to have in your school. Plus, see advice on when to do a risk assessment.
School management: risk assessments 2 articles
- Creating a risk management strategy can help you manage potential future challenges in your trust. Read this article to find out how to write your strategy, including sections on financial risk, as well as examples of strategies you can use when making your own document.For Trust Leaders
- Academies must have a risk register, but it's good practice for maintained schools to have one too. Download a template to save time, or use our expert tips to create your own. You'll also find examples from schools, and guidance on how to review yours.
Staff and visitors: risk assessments 6 articles
- New Know what is best practice when planning a home visit, so you can make sure staff are carrying out home visits safely. Plus, see examples of risk assessments.
- See examples of risk assessments from a school and a local authority to help you write your own.
- Be clear on your requirements around risk assessments for new and expectant mothers in your school, and see an example template from a local authority. Know what to consider when taking pregnant staff on school trips.
Trips and transport: risk assessments 1 article