Clubs and activities: risk assessments 2 articles
- See examples and templates of risk assessments for breakfast and after-school club wraparound care.
- Use and adapt our risk assessment template to address potential hazards ahead of events like sports day. You'll see example hazards and control measures to help you decide what to include in your risk assessment.
Curriculum: risk assessments 3 articles
- Download our cooking and food technology risk assessment template, and see examples of risk assessments from a school and a local authority.
- See what you might cover in your design and technology (D&T) risk assessments with these examples from a primary school and a local authority.
- See examples of risk assessments for indoor and outdoor physical education.
Premises: risk assessments 7 articles
- Download our classroom risk assessment template, and see examples of risk assessments to help you complete your own.
- You need to have risk assessments for the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH). Use our template to help you, plus see the rules on what your assessments need to cover and get tips on how to carry one out.
- Read up on the rules around dogs on site, including therapy dogs, and use our template risk assessment to make sure that both pupils and the animal stay safe and happy.
Pupils: risk assessments 6 articles
- Read a summary of the guidance on what you should consider when assessing first aid needs, and see how different schools are carrying out their risk assessments in practice.
- As part of the Prevent duty, you need to assess the risk of pupils being drawn into terrorism. Use our template and advice to help you.
- Use and adapt our risk assessment template to address potential hazards for pupils in wheelchairs. It includes possible hazards and control measures.
Risk assessment guidance 2 articles
- Use these generic risk assessment templates – from the HSE, a local authority and a university – to help you create your own.
- Stay compliant and keep your pupils, staff and visitors safe with our checklist of the risk assessments you need to have in your school. Plus, see advice on when to do a risk assessment.
School management: risk assessments 2 articles
- Creating a risk management strategy can help you manage potential future challenges in your trust. Read this article to find out how to write your strategy, including sections on financial risk, as well as examples of strategies you can use when making your own document.For Trust Leaders
- Academies must have a risk register, but it's good practice for maintained schools to have one too. Download a template to save time, or use our expert tips to create your own. You'll also find examples from schools, and guidance on how to review yours.
Staff and visitors: risk assessments 6 articles
- Use our template to help you make further considerations and adjust your measures for individual staff members who are at higher risk of becoming seriously ill from coronavirus.
- Find examples of risk assessments from a school and local authorities to help you with writing your own assessment. Also, read guidance on how to reduce the risk of violence towards staff when out on visits.
- Be clear on your requirements around risk assessments for new and expectant mothers in your school, and see example templates from LAs. Know what to consider when taking pregnant staff on school trips.
Trips and transport: risk assessments 2 articles