Clubs and activities: risk assessments 2 articles
- Before and after-school clubs: risk assessments See examples and templates of risk assessments for breakfast and after-school club wraparound care.
- School events: template risk assessment Use and adapt our risk assessment template to address potential hazards ahead of events like sports day. You'll see example hazards and control measures to help you decide what to include in your risk assessment.
Curriculum: risk assessments 3 articles
- Art, design and technology: risk assessments Find out what you might cover in your art, design and technology risk assessments, and see examples from schools and a local authority.
- Cooking and food tech risk assessment: template and examples Download our cooking and food technology risk assessment template, and get inspiration with examples of risk assessments that highlight potential hazards and actions to take.
- Physical education (PE) risk assessment: template and examples See examples of risk assessments for physical education in schools, and download our template to adapt to your own setting.
Premises: risk assessments 7 articles
- Classroom risk assessment: template and examples Download our classroom risk assessment template, and see examples of risk assessments to help you complete your own.
- COSHH: risk assessment template and guidance You need to have risk assessments for the control of substances hazardous to health (COSHH). Use our template to help you, plus see the rules on what your assessments need to cover and get tips on how to carry one out.
- Dogs in school: guidance and risk assessments Read up on the rules around dogs on site, including therapy dogs, and use our template risk assessment to make sure that both pupils and the animal stay safe and happy.
Pupils: risk assessments 5 articles
- First aid in schools: risk assessments Read a summary of the guidance on what you should consider when assessing first aid needs, and see how different schools are carrying out their risk assessments in practice.
- Prevent risk assessment As part of the Prevent duty, you need to assess the risk of pupils being drawn into terrorism. Use our template and advice to help you.
- Pupils using mobility aids: template risk assessments Use and adapt our risk assessment templates to address potential hazards for pupils in wheelchairs or who use crutches. Be clear on the hazards you need to consider and see example risk assessments.
Risk assessment guidance 2 articles
- Generic risk assessment templates Use these generic risk assessment templates – from the HSE, a local authority and a university – to help you create your own.
- Statutory risk assessments: checklist and guidance Stay compliant and keep your pupils, staff and visitors safe with our checklist of the risk assessments you need to have in your school. Plus, see advice on when to do a risk assessment.
School management: risk assessments 2 articles
- Risk management strategies for MATs Creating a risk management strategy can help you manage potential future challenges in your trust. Read this article to find out how to write your strategy, including sections on financial risk, as well as examples of strategies you can use when making your own document.For Trust Leaders
- Risk register: template, guidance and examples Academies must have a risk register, but it's good practice for maintained schools to have one too. Download a template to save time, or use our expert tips to create your own. You'll also find examples from schools, and guidance on how to review yours.
Staff and visitors: risk assessments 5 articles
- Home visits: risk assessment See examples of risk assessments from a school and a local authority to help you write your own.
- Pregnant staff: risk assessments Be clear on your requirements around risk assessments for new and expectant mothers in your school, and see an example template from a local authority. Know what to consider when taking pregnant staff on school trips.
- Staff with medical conditions: guidance on assessing risks You don't need a separate risk assessment for staff with medical conditions. Find out how to take their needs into account when reviewing your existing risk assessments.
Trips and transport: risk assessments 1 article
- School trips: risk assessments Understand when you do and don't need to carry out a trip risk assessment, get help with what you need to include and see template examples.