You are here:
Curriculum jargon buster
Know your 'intent' from your 'implementation'? Your 'substantive' from your 'disciplinary'? Check how much you know about these and other key terms. Share our handout with staff to help them brush up on their curriculum knowledge too.
- Intent, implementation and impact
- Curriculum breadth vs depth
- Substantive vs disciplinary knowledge
- Core vs hinterland knowledge
- Threshold concepts
- Spaced interleaving
- Vertical vs horizontal structure
- Cumulative vs segmented vs spiral curriculum
- Context dependent vs independent
- Download this article and share it with your staff
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.