You are here:
Frequency of Ofsted inspections
Find out how often Ofsted inspects schools and get an idea of when your next inspection will be.
- Timings depend on your Ofsted grade and date of last inspection
- 'Outstanding' schools
- 'Outstanding' special schools, PRUs, alternative provision academies and maintained nursery schools
- 'Good' schools
- Schools which 'require improvement'
- 'Inadequate' schools
- New schools
- How Ofsted decides who to inspect
- The difference between section 5 and section 8 inspections
- Further articles on inspection – checklist, questions and more
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.