Download our teacher workload audit tool
Use it to:
- Evaluate your teachers' workload across a faculty, year or school
- Identify areas where teachers can become more efficient
Print the tool and give it to teachers, or circulate it to be completed digitally.
Teachers can use it to record:
- The type of tasks they carried out (using task categories)
- When they completed each task
- How long each task took
- Total hours spent on each type of task
They can also fill in a short questionnaire about their views on the types of tasks they perform.
Our associate expert David Roche, an experienced former headteacher, helped us create this tool.
When to use the audit
Ask your teachers to use the tool at certain times in the year when workload is a particular concern, for example at the start of term.
Carry out the audit over a period of