You are here:

Checks for staff who have lived or worked overseas

Ref: 4729
Last updated on 3 April 2017
School types: All · School phases: All
In-depth article
What checks are required for staff who have lived overseas? We refer to guidance from the DfE on checks for staff who have lived overseas, and relay advice on how far back to go. You will also find information about overseas criminal records and certificates of good conduct.

Article tools

More from The Key

CPD Toolkit video image 800x450

CPD Toolkit from The Key

From easy-to-digest 15-minute briefings to ready-made presentations and handouts, we’ve got everything you need to confidently deliver high-impact in-school training.

Download two resources as part of your trial:

The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.