You are here:
How to manage a criminal records disclosure
Learn how to handle disclosures of criminal records information, including what to do if a DBS check returns with previous convictions. Use our templates to help you conduct a disclosure discussion and assess an applicant's criminal record.
- How to manage disclosures outside of the DBS check
- What to do if a DBS check shows a criminal record
- Check whether the person is barred
- Determine whether you need to have a disclosure discussion
- How to conduct a disclosure discussion
- How to assess someone's criminal record
- Making a decision
More from The Key
Covering topics including differentiation, assessment, SEND and growth mindset, CPD Toolkit has been created by subject experts and tested by teachers to guarantee practical, engaging training that's also excellent value for money.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.