You are here:
10 ways to support staff wellbeing and work-life balance
Find out how 3 schools reduced workload and improved work-life balance for their staff. Use their ideas to retain great people, save on recruitment and make your school a happier place.
- Ask for staff opinions
- Consult with staff and union representatives
- Give teachers and leaders extra PPA and let them plan together
- Create a positive working environment and culture of collaboration
- Be clear on scheduling and the purpose of meetings
- Focus on ‘meaningful' marking, planning and report writing
- Value staff and allow days off for once-in-a-lifetime events
- Offer CPD and social activities
- Provide flu jabs and offer twilight training
- Distribute school improvement workload evenly between all staff
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
Upskill your staff, any time, anywhere with CPD Toolkit.
The most effective way to deliver engaging virtual training to support the professional development of your staff.
Downloadable courses and 5-minute online summaries provide flexibility for training, whether staff are participating in-school, via video call or independently at their own pace.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.