You are here:
Curriculum audit: gender and LGBTQ+ inclusivity
Use our curriculum audit to help instil a cross-curricular sense of inclusivity, and question and adapt what you’re teaching so your curriculum represents the diversity seen in modern Britain in terms of gender and sexuality.
- Embed gender and LGBTQ+ inclusivity throughout your curriculum
- Give staff time to educate themselves on gender and LGBTQ+ issues
- Create a cross-curricular working group to carry out the audit
- Include the whole school community and let them know what you're doing
- Don't expect this to be a quick fix
- Next steps: Support staff to deliver this curriculum
- Next steps: Go beyond your curriculum
More from The Key
Bitesize training with a big impact
Our on-demand training has your whole board covered and lets them learn at a time and pace that suits them.
Help your new governors hit the ground running with our expertly-designed induction training, and our role-specific courses support your link governors develop key skills and confidence in their role.
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0.