Pay for additional responsibilities
- Changing teaching and learning responsibilities (TLRs) Learn about the circumstances under which TLR structures can be changed, as well as when salary safeguarding will apply. Also get to grips with what you need to do if changing the duties of a TLR post, and whether you can phase out TLRs altogether.
- Payments for overtime and out-of-school-hours activities Teachers and support staff can receive additional payment for working extra hours, including taking part in pupils' additional learning activities. Understand the guidance and how to calculate daily and hourly rates.
- SEN allowances for teachers Know the rules on awarding special educational needs (SEN) allowances, including who should get one and how much they should receive.
- SENCOs: additional payments Your SENCO may be eligible for TLR and/or SEN pay awards. Find out more about these allowances and when you can award them.
- Subject leaders: rules around teaching and learning responsibility (TLR) The STPCD is clear that teachers without a TLR1 or TLR2 shouldn't be given subject leadership responsibilities. See what this means, and how you can tell if you're asking too much of teachers without TLRs.
- Teaching and learning responsibility (TLR) payments Know the rules around what you can award, the criteria teachers need to meet, and the payment values this year.