Our associate education expert Trevor Bailey helped us with these questions.
Questions to ask about...
SLT ways of working
It's really important that, from early on, you build strong and effective relationships with the individuals on your leadership team.
- What are your main priorities in your role?
- What's going well in your area of responsibility?
- What issues are you facing in your role?
- How do you think the issues that you're facing in your role could be addressed?
- Is your role, as it is currently defined, the best fit for the work that needs to be done in that area?
- How do you work with other members of the SLT?
Read our tips on how to develop an effective leadership team and learn from what other schools