Support staff appraisal policies: examples
Find examples of policies for primary and secondary schools that you can use as a basis for your own policy.
Reflect local expectations in your policy
There's no national rules on conducting support staff appraisal.
However, the employer of your support staff may set expectations for appraisal, so make sure these are part of your policy.
Who the employer is depends on the type of school you are:
- In community and voluntary controlled schools, it'll be your local authority
- In voluntary aided and foundation schools, it'll be your governing board
- In academies, it'll be your trust
- Fairchildes Primary School, an academy in Croydon
- Penpol School, a maintained school in Cornwall
- Bishop Wordsworth's School, an academy in Wiltshire
- Salterns Academy Trust, an all-secondary academy trust based in Portsmouth
- St Edward's Roman Catholic/Church of England School, a maintained school in Bournemouth (see 'staff appraisal policy')
- St Anthony's School, a maintained special school in Kent