Last reviewed on 27 April 2021
School types: All · School phases: All
Ref: 42567

You must have a special educational needs co-ordinator (SENCO). 

If you have staff who teach classes for pupils with sensory impairments, they must have an appropriate qualification that's approved by the secretary of state. 

A list of mandatory qualifications for specialist teachers is linked in the 'sources' section below.