School staff induction policy: examples
Compare your staff induction policy with examples from other primary, secondary and special schools.
Stoke Primary School in Coventry has sections in its induction policy for:
- New members of staff
- Supply staff
- Governors (explaining that governor induction is covered by the governor induction policy)
For new teaching staff, the induction policy says that the school will:
- Go through and explain the staff handbook and induction process
- Arrange a meeting with the headteacher
- Appoint a designated mentor
Access the policy here.
Selston Church of England (CofE) Infant and Nursery School in Nottinghamshire has a staff induction policy that sets out key milestones for the induction programme.
It explains that before starting, individuals will have:
- Meetings with staff that'll be key to their responsibilities
- Received the following documents:
- Induction information
- Code of conduct
- Key policies
- Required information on pupils with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND), medical or dietary requirements
Download the policy from the school's policies page.
Roles and responsibilities Induction arrangements tailored by