You are here:
Curriculum model policy
If you're reviewing your curriculum, use our model document to update your curriculum policy. See examples from primary, secondary and special schools.
We updated this policy on 29 October 2019 with minor changes to sections 1 and 4. These now have additional prompts which reflect the quality of education expectations from the 2019 Ofsted Inspection Framework.There’s no requirement for you to update your curriculum in light of Ofsted’s new focus. However, if you’re going to review your curriculum, use our resource hub.
Download our model policy
Please note: you don't need a curriculum policy and Ofsted doesn't expect you to have one. Read about how Ofsted inspects your curriculum.
- Takes account of relevant requirements, guidance and good practice
- Is approved by Forbes Solicitors
- Is easy to adapt to save you time and keep your school compliant
Primary maintained school
- Hookstone Chase Primary School, North Yorkshire
- Bowes Primary School, Enfield
- GEMS Twickenham Primary Academy, Richmond upon Thames
- Primary: Bright Futures School for children with autism, Oldham
- Secondary: Woodlands Secondary School in Luton
Secondary maintained school
More from The Key
The Key has taken great care in publishing this article. However, some of the article's content and information may come from or link to third party sources whose quality, relevance, accuracy, completeness, currency and reliability we do not guarantee. Accordingly, we will not be held liable for any use of or reliance placed on this article's content or the links or downloads it provides. This article may contain information sourced from public sector bodies and licensed under the Open Government Licence.